Gelli Fach

Gelli Fach

I'm a cell, I'm fragmented, I change my form;
I'm a repository of song, I'm a dynamic state.
I love a wooded slope and a snug shelter,
and a creative poet who doesn't buy his advancement.

Wyf kell, wyf dellt, wyf datweirllet;
wyf llogell kerd, wyf lle ynnyet.
Karaf-y gorwyd a goreil clyt,
a bard a bryt ny pryn y ret.


From: Legendary Poems from the Book of Taliesin, edited and translated by Marged Haycock





Monday 10 November 2014

Gladstone's Library - Day 2




My room looks onto a small hidden garden. Most notable are the trees, especially the walnut. There are many visitors to the garden, some of whom I've come to recognise from previous visits: three pigeons who forage together like a family, a squirrel and a blackbird. But today a new visitor alighted on a branch of the walnut tree - a jay! He foraged under the tree until the squirrel appeared, then he flew up into its branches and watched while the squirrel took his place, scouring the ground.


The walnut tree is very distinctive with its patterned, grooved bark and the ends of its branches like many crooked hands. I'll post some more photos of it another day since I seem to be restricted to about 3 per post.

I spent some time working on a slideshow to accompany my reading one of my poems. I'll post that tomorrow when it's finished. Until then!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment