Gelli Fach

Gelli Fach

I'm a cell, I'm fragmented, I change my form;
I'm a repository of song, I'm a dynamic state.
I love a wooded slope and a snug shelter,
and a creative poet who doesn't buy his advancement.

Wyf kell, wyf dellt, wyf datweirllet;
wyf llogell kerd, wyf lle ynnyet.
Karaf-y gorwyd a goreil clyt,
a bard a bryt ny pryn y ret.


From: Legendary Poems from the Book of Taliesin, edited and translated by Marged Haycock





Thursday 8 March 2012

International Woman's Day



 I see it as part of my connection with Brigit to support women and women's rights. This is an inspiring video by ActionAid showing some of their work with women on three continents:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/mF0LS4BPlrU

Please watch it to see both some of the difficulties and injustices women face across the world and what can be done to help them. (For some reason, I couldn't get it to embed but please take a moment to follow the link.)


Celebrate International Women's Day!




2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this. As a Mothers' Union member I know the difficulties women face in all parts of the world. I was at a service for the Womens' World Day of Prayer earlier this month. The service was put together by women from Guatemala and we learned of the injustices there. There is still much to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it makes you realise how lucky we are. Thanks for commenting, Heather!

    ReplyDelete